Friday, September 25, 2009

The Start

Phew! I made it to the start line, thanks to the help of so many people....
Belinda ......my guardian angel/devil!
The Smith Family kids for my motivation to do this
Family for support and encouragement - Imogen and Alison
My boss Neil and my team in Asia for their support and the wonderful send off they gave me.
Sponsors/Supporters for their generosity - Skoda, Skody, AXA, Red Dot, QANTAS, Zipp, Uvex, Treknology
Advisers for their tips and help - David "Tiny" Bellette, Chris McLeod, Mike DeNoma
Fitness First friends and instructors for getting me fit enough and pushing/motivating me - Ches, Yu-Lynn, Jacky, Tommy, Jennifer, Kee Leong, Andrew, Kelvin, Fernie, Fei, Anna (HK), George (HK)
Bikes - Colin and the guys @ Bikehaus
Cycling buddies especially those Kulai riders - JF, Thomas, Marcus, Bo, Steffen, Mark(x2), Tim(x2), Nick, 3 people called Chris! etc etc
People who have, or will, donate hard cash!
..... now i have to do my bit!

If i left anyone out ..sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your equipment list.. 404s... damn i am going to be in serious trouble trying to catch up. will need to draft Pete to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gary,

    Thanks for the mention! What an adventure you must be having right now and also going through all kinds of emotions. Hope you brought many bottles of body glide. I happen to be chatting with Yu-Lynn on facebook about you and posting this at the same time.

    Our thoughts and hopes are with you!

    See you soon mate.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete