Friday, September 25, 2009

crossing the rabbit proof fence!


I learnt two things about WA today
- firstly it isn't that flat. After 100km of riding out of Freo I had already clocked up 1200m of vertical.
- secondly I had no idea how green and beautiful the Perth Hills were.

So It was a great start to the day meeting the Smith Family kids and being able to ride with them (pix will follow). There was a lovely moment at the start when I was riding with them and one of the little girls said to me "this is so cool riding on the road", these kids had been doing cycling training to get ready for the ride.

After that it was a journey through the burbs until we found the Great Eastern Highway. I had one rider with me until the hills started when he left - sorry we didn't have a chance to say good bye and thanks for the pulls at the front! . After that I was on my own!

Because of the late start today and my desire to complete stage one a day early I arrived in Kellerberrin in the dark!

Distance 221km, 7400 cals.
End point today/start tmr
S 31' 38.045
E117'43.281

Need to sleep now :)

1 comment:

  1. Wah!!! 221km!!! and 7,400 cals!!! how long did dat take u to complete?

    Keeping you in thoughts,
    Jennifer (Fitness First)

    ReplyDelete