Monday, September 28, 2009

1030kms on from start line!

Another 280kms just completed. Same distance as yesterday but finished an hour earlier due to the great tailwind!!! With the wind behind me I was able to average 50kms/h! Even at that speed I could not get rid of the fly which sat on my shoulder for the last 3hrs! who said I was alone out here!

Today was the first day we needed to use the Satellite phones as there is asolutely no reception across the Nullarbor!! Thanks Satellite Phone hire for your support!

Lots more road kill, its amazing, so many kangaroos.

The biggest distaser of the day: my ipod ran out of batteries!!!

Tomorrow i finish the 90 mile road, the longest straight stretch in Australia, it feels like it never ends!!!

S32' 26.4
E124' 38.4

Nighty night

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gary!!!
    the fly too tired la, got a free ride from ya. woohoo, well it accompanied u at least.. for 3 whole hrs!
    rem to charge ur ipod! =) lookin forward to more of ur entries mate! rest well

    Fernie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gary,

    Just read through your blogs from start to finish. Good read. I hope you have someone taking pictures for you!

    What I want to know is...how are you getting your nutrition and what kinds of nutrition? Are you sleeping out in tents? How many hours of sleep are you getting?

    Well done on your 1000km milestone!

    Chris Lim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary,
    Great work. Good mileage considering you had a passenger. You are an inspiration. Have the trucks and other traffic been a problem?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary,

    I think what your doing is great your a machine and what a test to put yourself through. I'll let you know when I'm going to do that ride.

    And the money you've raised is fantastic, you sound like man that makes a difference. I'm off to donate some money for the kids.

    Keep riding.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. God damned wheel sucker.

    Dont you hate it when theres two of you and the other just sits in the draft!

    ReplyDelete