Sunday, September 27, 2009

nearly 500km from the start



Ok day 2 completed. 250km today making it 470km from the start and a little under 10% of the total target, so still a long way to go.

Despite headwinds for 75% of the day it was a good day. Especially after yesterday where I got bitten by a rail-track snake (a close relative of the snow snake that skiers hate! But this burns when he bites). The headwinds made progress slow and they only abated when the sun was going down!

High of the day - actually I have two (is that allowed?)!
1. Getting a letter from the mother of a child on the Learning for Life program when I had finished my day (shed a tear!). Makes me even more determined to do what I am doing.
2. having a break just at the right time to watch the 6 mins of the Grand Final when scores were level !

Low - when a Magpie attacked my helmet while riding.

Song of the day - "I like the way you move" as it helped me through the headwinds and kept me focused. But "Let go" paul van dyke, pulled me home at the end of the day - man! Love that rhythm, reckon I could do anything to that track!

Distance 250km (470 total BTCC) , Calories 8000.
End S 31' 13.788
E 120' 10.265.

Ok time to rest.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your low would've been being bitten by a snake!

    ReplyDelete