Monday, September 28, 2009

Equipment Update

I have used both bikes the Scott Addict and the Litespeed Vortex. Both are going well but the titanium is more forgiving on the rough tarmac.
For the first two days I rode on Zipp 303s - the more I ride this wheel the more I love it, it makes light work of bumps and holes without compromising speed and I think will become my wheel of choice for kulai. Yesterday I was lucky riding the aero set up litespeed with 404s as when I started south I got a tail wind - never done a 180km time trial before!
A few thoughts on the rest of equipment
- Sunnies - the sun is so strong u need a good pair, my Uvex are great at the end of each my eyes are not tired and they perform well in the low dusk lighting :) A great gift - thanks twins!
- least needed item (so far) Skins Ice tops designed to keep u cool... Yeah right with 4 degree mornings I don't want to keep cool!
- best impulse purchase - a pair of Descente thermal booties I got from Colin. Ha ha u thought I wouldn't need them Colin but used every day so far it is so cold!
- best motivational accessory - ipod nano, playlists from by fave people and the shuffle function!
Otherwise (fingers crossed) equipment is performing well although I wish I taken more cold weather gear with me!

1 comment:

  1. 303s eh? Double hmm and tempted. Maybe I get a pair after I ride 5500kms

    Glad the sunnies are holding up!

    ReplyDelete