Thursday, October 15, 2009

Supporting National Ride to Work Day!!!




So what else to do on National Ride to Work Day than .... ride to work. Minas did (but I can't post the pix till we have internet!) The rest of the support crew still used the car!
For me I rode a shorter distance today but a tough little stage! And another day with a reasonable amount of climbing 2360m.
We crossed the border into Victoria and immediately experienced an array of weather! Hot sun, heavy rain, headwinds - four seasons in 5k ha ha! The rain and wind stayed for the rest of the day!!!! By the end of the day, Melbourne was less than 400km.

To give you an idea of how delightful the weather was, there was no sunset photography antics ... in fact, Minas only took 4 photos, it was so cold and windy he didn't want to get out of the car.
By the end of the day the toes of both feet were even more numb than before!! The went numb on the Nullabor and haven't reappeared since then!

Did an interview with ABC Radio - it was good coz the interviewer really understood the issues and how the GFC would affect the numbers of financially disadvantaged children and fund raising! Let's hope that it raises awareness and gets people to donate.
Despite being a long way from anywhere the traffic is heavy. Last week we had the Bathurst traffic, now we have the Philip Island motorbike grand prix traffic - the bikes are amazing ... I wonder what they think when they see me pedalling ha ha!
High: talking to my princess who is now in Melbourne and went to meet some of the children on the Learning for Life program.

Low: two for me today - firstly seeing two dead wombats in the first km of my ride, secondly problems up loading my Garmin files to my Mac.

Magpies - 2 before I left NSW. So far the Victorian Magpies are much better behaved!!

Stats
214km (total 4672km, 172hours)
S 37' 42.284
E 148' 27.713

Ok ... One more ride before I get on a tandem with my Princess and cycle into Melbourne!! After that it is just Around the Bay in a Day and that's it!

2 comments:

  1. Think the princess better be on the front so you can skyve a bit on the back.

    Makin plans for an early start on Sunday mate.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bikers must really think you are nuts. Most of them probably haven't even biked that distance on their Harleys.

    ReplyDelete