Friday, October 2, 2009

Power naps work!




A short post today as i need to catch up on sleep!!

Today was my seventh day riding since i started in Fremantle last Friday ....what seems like an age ago! Having crossed the border yesterday the time difference completely threw me out. I set the alarms, got up, we drove to where i stopped yesterday and started riding.... all good so far!
The weather was dry but with strong headwinds and things were a little slow. Then i started feeling really tired and couldn't get my HR above 100-105, that's when i realised that i had had little sleep and had started a lot earlier than any other days! I had jet lag without a jet ha ha!
An sms i got made me think about what was going on and i decided to take a power nap - 50 mins, after which everything was different - i was concerned it was going to be an off day after yesterdays cold and wet experience, instead it was 255km with only sunset getting in the way of more.

Tomorrow we leave the Nullabor Plain behind !

Oh yes and people have asked for pix .. they are coming but lack of internet has slowed things down - some will be posted today, i hope u like them!

Stats
255km (total 1815km)
S 31' 49.476
E 132' 29.421

CU on the road

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics dad - nice to see how you're going.

    I'm sorry for the lack of sms and chats... my EE being due on monday couldn't seem more insignificant though, when you're cycling across the Nullabor.

    Love you (have you listened to some of my playlists yet? Do!!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What and incredible effort Gary! Reading your description about how to simulate the passage of road trains in the comfort of your own home made me choke on my coffee, but it cannot we a laughing matter when there is no solid carapace around you out on the road and in the rain. Your efforts will make a difference to so many Aussie kids – thank you! Ene

    ReplyDelete