Saturday, October 3, 2009

2095kms completed and halfway to Sydney!

Today saw us leave the vast Nullabor Plain and move into the wheat belt!

An uneventful day other than strong headwinds and blustering side winds and the occasional shower of rain. Somewhat different to the last few days when the support crew of Alison, Katerina and Barry were keeping me going.

Completed 280km so now 2095km from the start, half way through our route to Sydney - yippee!

It was strange moving into an area where there are roads leading to different places other than the one you are headed for! The Nullabor is amazing as there is only one road. This means no worries about directions. So guess what! At the first roundabout we didn't know which route to take ha ha.

Oh yes and we went near a place called "streaky bay" surely that's "bacon" not "bay" ha ha - would go nicely with a baguette I reckon. Also the Oyster festival started in Ceduna this weekend - shame we had no time to visit it pull crowds from far and wide! As I cycled past I could smell oysters mmmm!

Today's music started with Beautiful Day by U2 and then some play list from my princess Immy, problem is I had it on shuffle so when she asks me what tracks I won't know!

The end of the day was lovely cycling by moonlight with Elevation - vanit club remix - on repeat. Try this track on your stationary trainer... In the aerobars and big ring, 12/13 on the back.

Stats
280 km (total 2095)
S 32' 46.558
E134' 59.915

See u tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment